When a liquid evaporates, it absorbs heat from its surroundings, for example pouring a drop of alcohol on the hand gives a sensation of cold, in fact the alcohol evaporating absorbs the heat from the hand. The water can evaporate at a very low temperature in vacuum conditions, at 6 mm Hg of pressure in a sealed container, the water evaporates at 4 ° C.
According to the type of machine, the following can be distinguished:
- Direct flame (or direct fueled) machines, in which the thermal source consists of a fuel (in most cases natural gas, or alternatively LPG, biomass or other fuels) which is burned directly in the machine.
- Machines in which the thermal source is a heat transfer fluid (water, diathermic oil, hot fumes, steam) supplied at the appropriate thermal level (indirectly powered machines)
In the case of indirectly powered machines, the systems can be further distinguished based on the origin of the thermal energy that powers the machine:
- thermal energy produced from thermal waste (e.g. thermal recovery from industrial processes) or from renewable energy (e.g. solar thermal energy, geothermal heat);
- thermal energy cogenerated by a prime engine (the heat carrier fluid can consist of water, in liquid or vapor phase, diathermic oil or hot fumes produced by the cogenerator)
Principle of operation
Absorption machines are refrigeration machines that exploit the solubility and high affinity of two substances, one of which acts as a refrigerant and the other as an absorbent, to create a cycle in which the introduction of energy takes place mainly in the form of heat. .
There are two commercially established refrigerant / absorbent combinations:
1) Lithium bromide and water: H2O - LiBr, where water acts as a coolant;
2) Ammonia and water: NH3 - H2O, where the refrigerant is ammonia. Where temperatures are required for systems with negative temperatures.
Skills & Services
Innovation for energy and the environment.
In each project we combine the engineering, technical and technological skills of all the member companies.
A Project Manager takes care of all phases of the project: from the initial feasibility study to installation, up to providing a turnkey system, perfectly tested and complete with staff training services and after-sales assistance.
CHP Heat and Energy symbiosis
Simultaneous production of electricity, heating and cooling
Electricity from the sun
Solar Heat for Industrial Process - SHIP
SHIP - Solar Heat for Industrial Process
Solar Thermal for Petroleum Industry
Substitution of fossil fuels in basic processes
Cutting-edge energy storage solutions
NH3 - H2O Absorption Chiller
Ammonia absorption refrigeration systems for temperatures down to - 60 °
ORC Organic Rankine Cycle
ORC - A thermodynamic cycle
From waste to zero impact resource
TIAC Turbine Inlet Air Cooling System
TIAC - Maximum energy efficiency from turbines
The most efficient small-scale electricity generator
B E E S GROUP DWC - LLC
Dubai World Central
P.O.Box: 390667, Dubai,
U.A.E. License n. 9690
+39 334 8520446